Learning Tree Preschool
A Ministry of Greenfield Christian Church
Learning Tree Preschool is dedicated to supporting the holistic development of all the children it serves. All areas of growth are considered interrelated and equally important. Learning Tree Preschool's program acknowledges that children learn through active, hands-on involvement with their environment and peers. Each child's unique interests, experiences, abilities, and needs are respected. Children are valued as individuals as well as being part of a group. Likewise, Learning Tree Preschool's program respects and supports the ideals, cultures, and values of families in their task of nurturing children.
Goals of the preschool:
- Foster positive identity and sense of emotional well-being
- Enhance social skills
- Promote language and literacy development
- Build physical development and skills
- Appreciate and respect cultural diversity
- Develop math skills
Curriculum being utilized:
- Zoo Phonics: Letter names & sounds
- Handwriting Without Tears (used in greenfield schools)
- Math: Numbers, Counting, Colors, Shapes, Calendar Math, etc.
- ABC Twiggles: A multi-sensory teaching approach of the alphabet which the NAEYC recommends
- Music and Movement
- Arts and Crafts
Learning Tree Preschool is open to children 3-5 years old. Children MUST be potty trained to participate. Children who meet these requirements may enroll anytime during the year provided openings are available.